Red kamut flour pizza with mild Provolone Valpadana P.D.O., radicchio and pâté of green olives
For the dough
- 500 g of kamut flour + a bit more for the work surface
- 340 ml of water
- 40 ml of extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 g of dry brewer’s yeast
- 10 g of sugar
- 14 g of salt
For the topping
- 200 g of sliced mild Provolone Valpadana P.D.O.
- 400 ml of tomato puree
- 1/2 head of late-season radicchio
- 50 g of pâté of green olives
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Doses for: 4 people (2 pizzas)
- Preparation time: 60 minutes + resting time
How to prepare red kamut pizza with mild Provolone Valpadana P.D.O., radicchio and pâté of green olives
Pour the kamut flour, the dry brewer’s yeast and sugar in a bowl and mix. Mix the warm water, oil and salt and gradually add them to the dry ingredients, working first with a wooden spoon, then moving to the floured kneading board. Knead about ten minutes, then shape the dough into a ball, put it back into the bowl, cover it with cling film and let it rise for at least 6 hours in the oven turned off.
Afterwards, take the dough, roll it out into 2 square pizzas with 25-cm diameter.
Place them in two oiled baking pans, pour the tomato puree on top. Sprinkle with a little oil and bake at 250° C for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven, add the slices of mild Provolone Valpadana P.D.O., the chopped late-season radicchio and put back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
Take out once again and complete with the pâté of green olives. Serve.
Discover other pizzas: