Farfalle with Broad Beans, Guanciale and aged strong Provolone Valpadana P.D.O.
- 80 g of grated aged strong Provolone Valpadana P.D.O.
- 320 g of Farfalle rigate-type pasta
- 150 g of guanciale (pork cheek)
- 150 g of fresh shelled broad beans
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, salt, chili pepper, basil
- Doses for: 4 people
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
How to make the Farfalle pasta with Broad Beans, Guanciale and aged strong Provolone Valpadana P.D.O.
Chop the onion and stew it with a pinch of chilli pepper in a pan with 4 tablespoons of oil over a low flame. Add the chopped guanciale and brown it. Add the broad beans, half a glass of hot water and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
Clean the cherry tomatoes, remove the seeds and the vegetation water and cut them into cubes. Add them to the beans together with some chopped basil leaves and let the sauce reduce for a few more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, drain it al dente and toss it in the pan with the sauce together with half a glass of its cooking water.
Grate the aged strong Provolone Valpadana P.D.O. on top and serve.
Discover other first courses: